By Erica Jackson
At one time the Bavarian Inn in Lake Ronkonkoma was a must stop for soon-to-be brides and fiancés’ in their search for a perfect wedding reception location. It offered German cuisine at its finest. Smithtown High School’s German Club held its annual banquet there and it housed a restaurant that many local residents frequented. That is until four years ago when it was shut down by the Smithtown Fire Marshall.
The property, which had been a pinnacle of the community for many years, succumbed to the rising water table. The basement flooded with water that was dangerously making its way to electrical wiring. A fire, reported the fire marshall, would be imminent.